2019 Tax Form information
The Federal, State, & Local Governments are pushing
to have more and more individuals file on-line.
Last year (2018) libraries received a letter from the IRS stating that the
Federal Government will NO LONGER allow libraries to order
hard copies of forms or instruction booklets for the public to access.
HOWEVER, our YPL staff will be glad to help you find and print
general and specialty tax forms or you at the circulation desk
($ 0.25 per page printing fee will be applied)
Or you can USE THE LINKS BELOW to have
1. Federal and State Forms mailed directly to you (or print them from home).
2. Local tax forms should be mailed to you but an on-line link is provided below.
Information about VITA (free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) for the elderly is also below.
*Important IRS notification regarding 2019 Tax Forms from the IRS website:
1. As was the case last year, for Tax Year 2019, you will no longer use Form 1040A or Form 1040 EZ
2. Instead you will use the redesigned Form 1040 (redesigned in 2018).
3. Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.
4. However, if your return is more complicated (for example you claim certain deductions or credits, or owe additional taxes)
you will need to complete one or more of the newer Form 1040 Schedules. (new as of 2018)
5. Individuals who filed their federal tax return electronically last year may not notice any changes,
as the tax return preparation software will automatically use their answers to
the tax questions to complete the Form 1040 and any needed schedules.
To link directly to the new federal form(s), instructions, and related information use this link: New IRS Forms.